Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Little Girl Loves MyePets

Every once and a while I will continue to share those trends that grab my little girl. As it turns out, Myepets is one of those trends that holds onto my little girl and won't let go.

Sure, she is like a lot of other kids in that she can be distracted off to do other things. The amazing thing is how she is drawn into this game once she begins. It doesn't really seem to be about anything. I suppose Webkinz is the same thing. Am I missing something? Is there a goal when playing with Myepets. If there is, I haven't found it yet. If any of you have found out where Myepets is supposed to go, please let me know.

I understand that the game is fun for kids. They get to go out and buy the stuffed animal and what little girl doesn't love stuffed animals. By the way, if you have a little girl who doesn't love stuffed animals, you may want to watch her a little closely. It may just be a faze and there is nothing to worry about. However, if she doesn't like them, keep your eyes open.

The stuffed animal comes with the little code to then go online and play with the animal in a virtual world. I get it. They think it's fun taking them to the Myepets vet, feeding them at the Myepets diner and shopping for them at the Myepets market.

Here is the thing. We have REAL pets. She loves animals. However, she doesn't rush to feed them everyday. She hasn't expressed a concern to make sure they have regular checkups at the vet. She definitely hasn't shown a lot of interest in cleaning up after them. I know, she's a kid. She isn't supposed to like that stuff. Then how exactly are these games designed to have do all those things on the computer? It's just a way to suck as parents into believing that anytime now they will be all excited about those pet chores and we won't have to worry about it anymore.

I can't wait for the game where they get to buy a mommy or daddy doll then go online and do things like make money for them and take care of all their bills. That should be a great game.

No comments:

Parents blogs
Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites