Monday, November 10, 2008

Leap Frog and Baby Tad are Great for Little Kids

There was a toy that I had meant to discuss a while back but completely forgot about until recently. I'm glad I remembered.

Leap Frog has an amazing assortment of fun educational toys for kids. One of the most amazing is one that we had for our little girl a little while back and I highly recommend it for all parents. This is a great toy for kids aged anywhere from 0 to 36 months.

The toy is called Baby Tad. There are a few versions available. I believe the one that we had was the Leap Frog Hug and Learn Baby Tad. I'm a grown man and I'll be the first to admit I was a little fascinated by this little guy. I'm not saying I can't be easily fascinated, I'm not spending my weekends designing a more efficient rocket fuel. I'm just saying this toy is great.

Your child is able to activate several functions simply by squeezing different parts of the toy. By squeezing Baby Tad's hand with the sunshine, there are a number of songs that are activated that your child can sing along with. There is also a shape recognition game that they can play.

By squeezing the hand with the moon, Baby Tad plays a selection of classical tunes that will relax your child and either prepare them for a nap or just chill them out. It will automatically turn off after six minutes once activating this function. It will also turn off by itself if nothing on it is used by your child after a certain amount of time has passed.

There are a couple other versions with similar learning games. I think it is great for a variety of ages and is a fun companion to your little ones even if they don't quite understand the functions right away. Trust me, they will get the hang of it.

If you are looking for a great gift idea for your or somebody else's child, the Baby Tad fellas are a great choice.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Channel said...

Sounds cute! We've always loved Leapfrog toys!

Parents blogs
Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites