Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kids Healthy Snacks Shaped Like Letters

One of the wonderful moms who recently started visiting the blog mentioned that the graphic I use makes her want to bite the letters. I agree that if you were a kid who enjoyed all kinds of tasty treats, those letters can suck you in. I made the graphic like that on purpose.


This weekend we went to a birthday party and the layout was incredible. What is most significant to this post however, was that the dessert table was full of tasty treats that were in the form of letters. They had spelled out a number of birthday wishes using fresh fruit and cookies and gummy treats.

Now I know I titled this post healthy snacks. I stand by it in that the fruit selections were delicious and healthy. They used apple slices, pineapple, watermelon and mandarin wedges. There were bowls of honey and yogurt for dipping. I would say, that is relatively healthy.


Now as for the cookies and gummy treats... you have to give me some slack. I had to give them top marks for creativity and those treats were amazing. Cookies and gummy treats may not be healthy in the traditional sense but follow the following argument.


When you arrive at a birthday party with thirty or forty screaming kids, it may put you into a particular mood. That mood may cause you to act in a manner that will help preserve your own sanity. With that many kids running around you also enter into a self-preservation mode. In so doing, your body expends a significant amount of energy and gets worn down.


Upon entering into the worn down state your body seeks replenishing. The consumption of delicious cookies and gummy treats can make you smile. The smile in turn make you feel better about life in general. When you feel better about life, that is healthy. Therefore, cookies and gummy treats may be just as healthy as fresh fruits.


I rest my case.


No comments:

Parents blogs
Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites