Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Huge Success

Just wanted to check in to say this Halloween was great! The little monster, or more accurately, the little unicorn had the best time.

She ran around from house to house in a great neighbourhood and must have brought back five pounds of goodies. I noticed that people seemed to have gotten very generous with the treats because she was getting handfuls of stuff from folks. We had to keep emptying out her bag so it wouldn't get too heavy for her.

I don't think I've ever seen so many Hannah Montana's as what were running around tonight. It would appear that little girl has really impressed herself on the minds of many other young girls. What I can't believe is how hugely successful she has been considering her dad is the achey breaky heart guy. Don' tell me you were a fan because the hair alone should have made you change the channel.

Regardless, it was a blast and most of the kids we saw were really well behaved. There was a strange trend that we noticed. There seemed to be a lot of older kids. I don't remember kids that age going out when I was a kid. There were kids with beards and kids with boobs. If you have a beard or boobs or both, you are too old to be out asking for candy. Just my opinion and I think it's a good one.

The other thing I noticed that I hadn't seen before, is that some people were giving away little things instead of candy. They gave out play doh or pencil crayons and stuff. It is interesting because you don't realize it until you get home and start going through the stuff. I guess it's good to know that some parents don't want to give out junk food anymore and are actually concerned about the health of my kid. I just don't know how thrilled she is going to be about it.

Happy Halloween all! Hope you had a great one!

No comments:

Parents blogs
Mommy & Family Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites